Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Afternoon Coffee

Today is my sister's birthday, so I met her and her family here
 for coffee decorated with a swan:
It was a bit wet for a walk around the gardens, but the Craft Council of Ballarat has a display in the conservatory
 With everything from jewellery to beautiful furniture made from old fence posts.
The quilt on the right was handy. One of my nieces had asked me earlier if I would teach her to make a quilt, so I used this one as an example as I explained what is involved. She said, "That sounds like it would take a long time." So maybe she has changed her mind about making one.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

The lovingly crafted pieces are a great complement to the floral display in the conservatory, clever idea. Your family may have a new appreciation of your quilting talent too.

Sue SA said...

LOL at least your niece now understands that your quilts are not conjured up over night!