Saturday, June 24, 2017

Finished and Almost Finished

Today I finished stitching down the binding on this UFO from 2014:
Bonnie Hunter's mystery, "Grand Illusion". Another finished quilt to cross of the list.

Meanwhile, my Garmin Vivofit has just about reached the end of its useful life:
Can you tell how many steps I've done? Many parts of the display have stopped working over the last few months. At first it didn't matter, as I could sync the device with the computer and read the total there. But the syncing process stopped working in April.

I know that I've reached at least 10,000 steps, because of that half a "1" on the left-hand side. But no part of the "thousands" column shows up at all any more, so until I get to 10,000 I'm in the dark. And if (when!) that remaining part of the "1" fails, the Vivofit will be of no use at all. I bought it in October 2014, which was the same month I started getting together the fabrics for Grand Illusion. But it has reached the end of its useful life just as the quilt's life is beginning.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Congratulations on finishing, another lovely quilt. How many stitches in the quilting? I know your machine counts them.

Sue SA said...

Your good counting your steps! I cannot believe that this device would stop working after only a few years, so annoying! Love this quilt. Never made one of her mystery quilts, perhaps when the kids are grown up a bit, Christmas time is always so busy!