Friday, June 17, 2016

Crocheted Christmas Tree

Tomorrow I am going to a "Christmas in June" lunch, and part of the fun involves a swap of hand-made Christmas ornaments.

Here's my completed offering:
I'm not totally happy with it, but it will have to do.

I found this picture on Pinterest:

which linked to the pattern on Annoo's Crochet World. However, my tree is not the same shape as the ones in the picture. It is much squatter. I can see that both the red and white trees in that picture have more rows than specified in the pattern, but I think they must also have less stitches added in each row of increasing, to give a narrower taper.

I don't have time to make another one right now, but if I ever try it again I would experiment with the increasing a bit, and also make the base a bit smaller than I did on this one.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Still it looks cute! Just put some tinsel around it and it will look more Christmassy! I think the centre white one in the pinterest pic looks like a soft serve icecream with sprinkles on it!

Julierose said...

I love your little tree ornament--it is adorable--thanks for the linky to the pattern. These would make really nice little tags for presents...hugs, Julierose

Terry said...

Just cute and handmade oornaments have a warmth that commercial ones lack Enjoy the day.

jacaranda said...

Looks great, have a "Merry June Christmas Day".

Maria said...

Looks great Vireya...love the little bells! A