Sunday, July 5, 2020

Timber!

This morning I couldn't drive out the normal way because this had happened:


The view from the other side when I came home perhaps shows more clearly why I couldn't drive through:

Another job for the tractor!

A chain secured around the branch, and attached to the tractor:
Then while I was messing around with my camera, the tractor pulled the branch, and I completely missed the action shot!

There was more work for the tractor, holding the branch as it was chainsawed:


Then later it made for easy transport of the pieces to the house, ready to be chopped up for firewood:

6 comments:

jacaranda said...

Great firewood, thank goodness it didn’t come down when you wanted to drive down your driveway. Some of those logs look hollow, the branch wouldn’t have had much strength.

Graeme said...

Every house should, by law, have a mighty Kubota.

Julierose said...

WOW thank heavens it hadn't fallen on anyone or their car;000
~ ~ ~ fanning myself in this heat ~ ~ Julierose

hetty said...

That looks dangerous! Makes nice firewood though. Glad no one was hurt.

chrisknits said...

Whoa! So glad it didn't fall on any houses.

Jeanette said...

So sad that this big old tree is now just a stump of its former self.