Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Catching Up

Where have I been for a week?

Sometime in the last week I noticed the first daffodil was open:

We had a couple of warmer days (well, days with sunshine and a top of more than 10 degrees), when we took long walks and looked for wildlife, like this yellow-tailed black cockatoo:


There was lots of worry about covid19 in nursing homes. Not at Mum's so far, fortunately, but all visits have been banned since last Thursday. We are waiting to hear what the new regime will be - are visits going to be re-started or not? There have been cases in two other homes in Ballarat, so it is a worry.

And in the background I have been chugging along with my 100-day project, the Laundry Basket Quilts mystery designed by Edyta Sitar. Today is day one hundred!

I was hoping to get the whole top together this afternoon, after completing today's block. But I didn't quite manage it. Right now it is in three pieces.

Here's two of those pieces:
There 4 x 10 blocks in each piece, with a chunk missing out of the centre.

The centre chunk consists of 20 blocks. Here's the middle, which looks very dark in this flash photo:
I am planning to finish the assembly tomorrow, and hoping for nice clear weather so I can get a good photo of it. Then I can decide if it needs a border or not...

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lots of pieces in those blocks....very pretty;))) hugs Julierose

jacaranda said...

Beautiful top. Spring is on the horizon with our daffodils starting to flower.

Pamela said...

This quilt top is fabulous! Great that you kept up with it. I start many things, then put them aside to start other things. sigh.

Kate said...

The quilt iop looks great. I hope your Mum is safe

Jeanette said...

Your 100 day quilt has been an excellent project to help you through this worrying time.
Great photo of the cockatoo in flight. I love their haunting call.

hetty said...

Your quilt top looks fantastic! Hope your Mum is safe. We have had many cases of Covid in our nursing homes. Your photo of the cockatoo is lovely.

Cheryll said...

WoW...that's NICE... good job so far...xox

Laura said...

I keep track of when the first daffodil in my yard blooms. It gives me hope that winter will be over soon. They are my favorite flowers.