Sunday, May 19, 2019

Life Goes On

No matter what happens in Canberra, the sun comes up, the magpies sing, the tree dahlia finally starts flowering:
A bit later than last year.

I found some bergenia buds and flowers hiding under the leaves:

Dogs enjoy a run no matter what:
Sorry about the terrible photo - I should have taken my camera on the walk instead of relying on the phone.

Lovely views through the trees to Bungal Dam:

The first of the turbines in our wind farm has been turned on:
Not that you can tell in a still photo (view from the Lal Lal Falls reserve). But one is now turning and producing electricity without pollution.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you are not paranoid about the turbines. I think they fit into the landscape much better than HT powerlines (I admit I don't know about the humming)

Julierose said...

Is that humming very loud? I've often wondered...
hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

What a glorious day! The dogs look like they are making the most of this late autumn sun.

Marie Králová said...

Thanks for the information how you are doing at home. Wind turbines (though "buzzing") are the future for electricity generation. Marie

Sue SA said...

Tree dahlia looks stunning against the blue sky. Nice to see the wind turbines, I think they look good, and make me feel like we are making some headway with environmental changes, but I know others think they are eye sores.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya great pics ,love Lal Lal falls hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Cheryll said...

Beautiful pic's... xox