Monday, April 29, 2019

Farewell to a Nursery

A few years back I first visited Newlyn Antiques and Nursery, but it is now in the process of shutting down as the owners retire. They held an auction recently of all the remaining antiques, and now it is the nursery's turn.

We really don't need more trees:
 Although they have a huge range of fruit and ornamental trees to go.

We made a small contribution to the clearance:
Mainly shrubs this time. My selections included a white herbaceous peony "Lady Bird" and a couple of hellebores.

The property is going to be auctioned at the end of May, so the sale will continue until at least then. I suspect we might make further visits before it is gone forever.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I love seeing your gardens! I'm sure these plants will be a great addition.

Sue SA said...

Sad to loose a favorite nursery that has good plants nad good turn over. I get a bit cross at how many root bound plants I seem to get here, clearly people are not buying plants til we have had some decent rain!. I noted on our way home from Ballarat last week that the Ararat nursery has reopened - just in case your travelling that direction in the future.

Jeanette said...

Must have been hard to leave all those trees behind.

Marie Králová said...

Selected plants will complement your garden nicely.
I like white peonies. Marie