Monday, April 22, 2019

GPS Beanbag No-No

Warning: Do not do this!  It is not legal in this state. The GPS has to be attached to the car.

My new GPS has a window mount, but the windscreen on my car is a long way forward - too far to reach from the driver's seat. So today I made a little beanbag for it to sit on:

Side view so you can actually see it:
I filled it with crushed walnut shells, so it has a bit of weight to keep it in place. To test it out we went for a drive this afternoon. The beanbag held the GPS at a good angle and didn't slide off the dashboard, so I think it is a success. And the dogs enjoyed our trip to the Ballarat Botanic Gardens:


6 comments:

jacaranda said...

A great idea, my nav GPS is also too far away to reach.

Jeanette said...

Quite natty.

Marie Králová said...

A handy helper for the driver. M.

Jo said...

That sounds like a great idea. Very clever

Needled Mom said...

Great idea.

chris said...

I have found that my GPS eventually wouldn't stick to the windscreen & continually fell off - so it sits near the centre consul where I can hear & sometimes see it - probably illegal as well. Like your bean bag!!!