Friday, April 26, 2019

Retreat - Friday

My room for this weekend's retreat:
Just a fairly plain motel room, brightened up by my Carolina Chain quilt. The retreat actually started this morning, but I work on Friday morning so didn't get here until later in the afternoon.

Notice my computer optimistically plugged in. The "free wifi" didn't work in my room most of the time, and my phone had no signal for most of the weekend. "Emergency calls only" or sometimes, "No SMS connection". I was in a communications black hole! So much for my plans to blog as the weekend progressed. This and the following posts are being written after my return home.

I had asked for vegetarian meals. Here's tonight's dinner:
Definitely lots of vegetable matter! Roast veges, and salad. (Subsequent meals were more balanced, fortunately.)

I made a start on one of the projects I brought with me, photos tomorrow.


5 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice digs!1 Too bad about WiFi--none of us is used to be out of communication these days, right? It never seemd to really matter when I was young...but it is a funny feeling...I hate forgetting to bring my phone with me when i go out these days...veggies look good...
hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Your quilt looks fantastic on the bed. A great start to the weekend.

jacaranda said...

With friends and stitching, a great way to spend the weekend.

Maria said...

Bed looks lovely with your quilt on it..
Veggies look good but I need 🍖.

Jo said...

Where was your retreat.