Friday, September 21, 2018

Sulphur-Crested Visitors

This morning a flock of about 25 sulphur-crested cockatoos dropped by to inspect the garden.

They were unimpressed that I still haven't planted anything in the main part of my "garden bed":

After some discussion they decided that the melianthus needed some pruning:

And that I should have been dead-heading the daffodils:
Unfortunately they chose some not-dead heads to demonstrate their preferred technique.

At that point I thought I should go out and introduce myself, but as soon as I said, "Hello Cockies", they all took off to inspect someone else's garden. How rude!

I wasn't very happy to find this:
I had noticed the almost-open red tulip early this morning when I was letting the chooks out, and made a mental note to photograph it later when the light improved. I wasn't expecting that it would look like this before I got the chance.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

These guys are never welcome visitors. No matter how cute or chatty they always go too far and trash the joint. The damage to the beautiful tulip makes me want to cry.

jacaranda said...

Such a shame, sadly they do so much harm and damage to our flora. We have hundreds of them fly over our place each morning.

Julierose said...

Oooh too bad about the lovely tulip--that color is amazing...Here it is the deer that chew everything up...hugs, Julierose