Sunday, September 9, 2018

A Touch of Pink

Since my Coral Charm herbaceous peony appeared above ground a month ago, I've been anxiously checking the two tree peonies every time I walk past, looking for signs of life.

Today I wasn't actually looking, but as I walked past I thought I caught a tiny touch of pink out of the corner of my eye:
Tiny new leaves about to pop out of the split bud at the top. Hooray! It's alive! This is my rescue peony, so I have no idea what sort of flowers it has yet.  It did grow a bud last year, but it never developed into a flower. Maybe this year?

The remaining tree peony, Vesuvian, will be getting an even closer look every time I walk past it now. Is it alive?

5 comments:

Pamela said...

What a nice surprise!

jacaranda said...

Exciting.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the touch of pink - Spring is Springing. Peonies are one of my favorites!

Jeanette said...

I checked my tree peony this morning. It also has new growth bursting forth. They do look quite miserable over winter. Then suddenly it's spring.

Julierose said...

Oh how wonderful to see it survived...and a bud--that pink looks awesome...hugs, Julierose