Sunday, May 18, 2014

Colours

Proof that it really is autumn:
My persimmon tree (Diospyros kaki) looking beautiful.

Sometimes I just want to do some low-stress patchwork piecing, but I don't need any more projects. A friend's patchwork class are making blocks to be assembled for quilts for a women's refuge, so I offered to make a few blocks as well.  Their colour scheme is purples, greens and blues. I finished stitching these together in time to hand them over this afternoon:
Probably should have found a flatter surface to photograph them on!

I think the block was designed by the class teacher (but if you recognise it from somewhere else, I'd love to know, so please tell me in the comments it wasn't, see below). Each block consists of four large squares and nine small ones. Stitching them together is a little tricky because you need to do a partial seam, but it was a bit of fun stitching which didn't add to my list of projects.

Added later: Thanks to Ivani, who recognised the block as Eleanor Burns' pattern Fabric Frenzy.

2 comments:

chris said...

Like the look of the block!

Ivani said...

Hi Vireya. it happened I watched a free video from The Quilt Show this week, it featured Eleonor Burnns and she teaches the Fabric Frenzy, that is the block you made, take a look: http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/shows.php/episode/913
I love the blocks you made. It is a good cause and they look great. Have a great week. Hugs