Sunday, February 9, 2014

Acacias

Not a very interesting picture, but you do get to exercise your neck again:
Stretch to the left! Three boxes of acacia seeds sown today. It might have been smarter to photograph what I did with the seeds (although you can see that in a 2012 post here). Acacia seeds need "hot water" treatment to germinate. Last night I poured boiling water on the three lots of seeds, then left them to soak until sowing them today. Two boxes of blackwood (Acacia melanoxylon), and one box of Australia's floral emblem, the golden wattle (Acacia pycnantha).

2 comments:

Cherry said...

Oh good - stretching to the left - I needed that! I am familiar with the golden wattle as we used it in floral arrangements at my folks flower shop. It is here in the states - in California - nowhere near me. Interesting that the seeds need boiling water. Sow On!

Joanne Casey said...

I love gardening! Puts me in the notion