Saturday, January 21, 2023

Not a New Project?

 I know I said I wasn't starting anything, but...


My quilt group will be having a display of miniature quilts at a hotel in Ballarat in April. Quilts have to be 40cm square. I don't have anything that size, so need to get sewing!

I hope I am not being too ambitious, but this is my starting point:

Design 3734.6 in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns. I printed it from Blockbase, and have had it pinned up on my noticeboard since 27th November, if you can read the small print on the next photo:
Yesterday I went to a sit and sew day and made the first two stars, just as a test. I think it will work, although I'm not looking at the diamond circle border just yet...
A few more diamond stars prepped. I need to decide on a background soon.


9 comments:

Pamela said...

This is amazing! If it has been printed on your noticeboard since November, it’s not a new project!

ButterZ said...

Wow that a great project. Good luck with sewing this together. It looks wonderful.

Ivani said...

It is a great hand piecing project, and it will be beautiful, Vireya.

Maria said...

I'm sure you'll do a great job of the Challege.
looking great so far.

Julierose said...

Beautiful start on this one--that sure look challenging...nice work
hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

It's a great project. I like to sew small tablecloths.

Marie

Jeanette said...

Wow! Seven sisters, a great choice for the exhibition. Being a portable project it will be easy to do a bit every day.
Are they eggs on the centre star?

frommycraftroom said...

WOW! What a great project. Looking forward to your progress.

Vivian said...

Oooh, those scrappy EPP diamonds are just lovely! This one is going to be fun to see!