Saturday, January 14, 2023

Scraps of This and That

Grab button for SoScrappy

 I'm doing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again this year, in a very low-key way.

I've made 2 of Ivani's Hearts blocks this month.

Last year I made 6 of each colour, but when I assembled the quilt top I only used 4 of each. So 2 new and 2 left-over hearts will give me enough for another quilt the same size this year.

I'm adding the sashing as I go this time.

Linked to the SoScrappy link-up here.

A bit of quilting practice:

I'm going to make a cover for my machine out of this happy fabric.


The greenhouse is now fully assembled:

That photo was about a week ago - now it is full of plants and has shadecloth over the top.

And just because, here is a superb fairywren having a splash in one of our birdbaths:

Then flying out of the water:
To dry off in the sun:
So cute! (And blue, for the January RSC colour).





12 comments:

Marly said...

These are such sweet hearts; they do ask for more. How large are the finished blocks?

conny's quilts en creaties said...

What a loveley bird! And beautiful hearts

Julierose said...

Happy fabric for your cover--that does make me smile!!
What a cute wren--sitting there all perky!!
I like your blue hearts--very pretty--nice work on these
Hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

The heart blocks are beautiful, Vireya!
The happy fabric is perfect for a sewing machine cover, and you are doing a great quilting practice.
OWO gorgeous blue bird, lucky of you to get those photos.
Have a nice weekend.

Jeanette said...

Terrific blue wren pics. They are a delight to watch, but move so fast.
Clever plan for the rainbow challenge, your blue hearts are pretty.

Cheryll said...

I'm using up last years RSC blocks too... trying to clear out the second set I didn't use & finish it for this years quilt.
Love your "heart" blocks... xox

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love your RSC hearts! I made hearts last year but to use some of my crumbs!

Pamela said...

The blue hearts are so pretty! Blue is my favorite color, so the little bird attracts my interest too. How cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

This is going to be a really sweet quilt. Smart move adding the sashing as you go!!

Marie Králová said...

I like the blue hearts. I have already sewn one small tablecloth. And I'm getting ready for another colorful one. Marie

Astrid said...

Pretty blue hearts and fun fabric for the machine cover.

Coburgcraftstuff said...

Love the blue wren photos, they are such busy little birds I usually end up with lots of blurry photos trying to snap them! Super lucky that you got to see one taking a bath and photograph it in action, wow!