Sunday, September 18, 2022

Gift Blocks

Along with several other people, I volunteered to make blocks for a quilt for someone's significant birthday in a few months. The background fabric was provided, and a photo of blocks already made, as reference for the sorts of fabrics we should use.

Here are my two completed blocks, and then the reference photo:

I hope they will blend in well enough. I think the final quilt will be 4 x 4 blocks. I will look forward to seeing it when it is all assembled!

10 comments:

Ivani said...

You made perfect and beautiful blocks, Vireya, it will be a happy and colorful scrap quilt.

Julierose said...

Oh I think they blend in beautifully, Vireya--
hope you are feeling okay--hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

Nice work, nice colors. It will definitely be a nice blanket. I like sewing together.

Marie

Jeanette said...

Great matching of colour and pattern and of course perfect piecing! Hope the recipient really loves your work.

Maria said...

Your blocks like look great along with the others.
Will be a happy quilt.

Needled Mom said...

I love these. The colors are bright and happy.

Pamela said...

What a wonderful gift!

Vivian said...

Okay, you know I love this project! Scrappy and to be gifted? Oh, that lucky recipient! That's the great thing about scrappy, the more variety, the better the blocks will blend together.

Jan said...

It looks so bright and cheerful - they are lovely blocks

Jan said...

I really like this pattern, the blocks are so colourful.