Thursday, April 28, 2022

Much Pink

Last month when I did my Yellow round-up, I said, "It will be interesting to see if I can find any pink in the garden at the end of April." I don't know if it is interesting, but I found way more pink than I was expecting!

Let's deal with the scrappy sewing first, so you can skip the flowers if you are not interested. This month I made five pairs of Scrappy Sprouts leaves:

and six of Ivani's Hearts:

I will link this post to the So Scrappy RSC link-up when it is available on the weekend.

Here's the SoScrappy Saturday link-up.

 

In the garden I found pink roses:

Hakea "Burrendong Beauty":

Pink leaves on this ajuga:

Two pink salvias. First Salvia leucantha "Velour Pink":

And then my favourite, the enormous Salvia involucrata which is just beginning to flower:


 Tiny thryptomene:

First camellia flowers of the year!

So delicate looking.

Not quite so delicate, this Billbergia:


The abutilons are flowering again, after being given a severe prune some months back:

And last of all for this post, I found the first cyclamen flower of the year about to open:

I wonder what next month's colour will be? 


(Blogger seems to have decided to stop telling me when people comment. I am trying to sort out where that setting is hiding in the new Blogger. But if I don't reply to your comment, please don't take it personally. I may just not have discovered your comment yet.)



11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Such pretty pinks. I love your scrappy leaves and hearts.

Marie Králová said...

So many beautiful pink colors - on patchwork and flowers. Marie

Julierose said...

Pink pink everything pink--such lovely blossoms...all that we have so far are the daffodils--and it's so windy and cold still...nothing else has peeked out...
I love your "Sprouts"--so pretty..nice work for April RSC
hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

Beautiful shades of pink, both flora and stitching your pieces.

Pamela said...

Your flower garden is gorgeous. Your garden must be larger than the park near where I live. The hearts and leaves look very sweet.

Jeanette said...

Glad you included foliage in your pink roundup. Often overshadowed by flowers, these plants add so much to your garden. Your scrappy pinks are lovely.

Ivani said...

Lovely pink blocks, Vireya. And there are beautiful pinks on your garden, thanks for sharing those beauties with us.

Jan said...

Lovely blocks and nice to see the pink flowers are still blooming.

Helenchaffin said...

Ohh I luv the extra bonus of pinks in the garden!

Susan said...

Very pretty pinks - both fabric and flora!

Vivian said...

As always, such gorgeous flowers but I think this time they have some stiff competition from your pretty blocks, LOL! Love the pink in your ajuga, mine tends toward burgundy. I had the light green ones one year but didn't like them as much.