Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Garden in March

Lots of flowers this month, so skip over this post if that's not your thing.

Daylily:

Only the daylilies close to the house are flowering. I found out why one morning when there was a wallaby munching its way through the daylilies at the edge of the garden. I took photos, then forgot I had and deleted everything on my camera. So no photographic evidence!

Propeller plant:

Roses:

Crepe myrtles:

There are three in this photo. The one furthest from the camera has dropped a lot of its flowers now. But one of the ones not in the photo now has buds, so I wonder if it will manage to flower before the frosts start.

Dahlia:


Hebe:

A couple of buddleias:


Viburnum tinus starting again:

Salvia:

 

Fuchsia covered in flowers:

Last month I mentioned that this Phygelius aequalis "Yellow trumpet"was lucky to still have some flowers, as I had seen some crimson rosellas biting off the flowers to get at the nectar. Well they have been back:

Cosmos:

A colourful bunch - hollyhocks, foxgloves, zinnias, delphiniums, and an echinacea:

Salvias, lavender, penstemon and belladonna lilies in one of the garden beds at the front of the house:


Melaleuca? But which one? (Need to look for the tag).

Correa:

Leucadendron:

 White belladonna lilies:

Let's finish with these:

That is several Haemanthus coccineus, or blood lily, flowers emerging from the ground. They open to look like this:

And then, like the belladonna lilies, will grow leaves later.

That's it for the March garden, although I probably missed things as I wandered around. If you made it to the end, I hope you enjoyed it.



6 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that rim of color on the daylily--mine get eaten by the deer--they think it's dessert planted especially for them!!;000 We don't see them for weeks, and when the DL's appear they come back!! Hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

The flowers are all so pretty. I love that last blood lily.

Marie Králová said...

Beautiful flowers. M.

Jeanette said...

It must give you great pleasure wandering through your beautiful garden. Flowers for every season.

Pamela said...

I love your garden posts.

Dee said...

Vireya, your garden is looking lovely!I think your shrub may be Melaleuca coccinea.