Monday, October 26, 2020

Round Six

Note to self: Always type something before you put any photos in, or else you can't put anything before the first photo.

After it sitting untouched for about 18 months, I am making some tentative moves on the next round of Rajah Revisited, as seen above.

Part of my difficulty was choosing colours for this sixth round. I wasn't feeling inspired. However, when I saw the West Australian Quilters' display, Kerry Moore's quilt showed me that repeating the colours I used in the fourth round was the way to go.

I wish I had made notes to myself, or taken some photos, because I don't remember how I worked out the colour progression when I made round 4. All I have is the photo in this post, and of course the top so far:

 

I tried laying out fabrics, taking a photo then removing the colour:

But I don't think that helped. 

I've removed fabrics, added fabrics, and rearranged them. But I'm still shuffling them around.

Those I can still move above, and those that I've already assembled below:

 
I can only hope that once I have them all assembled and attached, the overall effect will be what I want.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it will work perfectly.

Julierose said...

It looks very nice I think; that is a beautiful pattern...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

I think your fabrics will work beautifully for the great quilt.

Jeanette said...

From what you have made so far it looks like it will be the reverse of round 4, with the squares lighter than the triangles. Or will it be more mixed? Great decision, it makes for a wide balanced border after the orange, and the opportunity to do something equally as bold next.

jacaranda said...

Lovely pattern and colours. It must be satisfying with fresh eyes to return to a project after a long break.