Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Remote Visiting

My mother's nursing home have relaxed their visiting restrictions a little bit further, so that now more family members can visit. My sister and one of my nieces went along today, only to discover that grandchildren still aren't allowed (even if they are 27 year old grandchildren).

 

So my sister sat inside with Mum, while my niece and her assistance dog sat outside. I was in Ballarat anyway, so I joined the "outsiders", and we all spoke by phone and waved through the window.

4 comments:

jacaranda said...

At least there is some interaction between your family and your mum. It must be hard on both sides of the “fence”.

Julierose said...

Such difficult times for you all; we haven't seen any of our family since Christmas--so hoping I can get to see my daughter (masked and distanced, of course) tomorrow...she will be driving down here...It is worrying but I know she needs to see we are ok--
So many of us all over are going through this...
Glad you could make contact...hugs Julierose

Jeanette said...

Creative solutions can also be fun ones. Your niece looks totally relaxed with this type of visit.

hetty said...

It's a crazy time. Glad you are being creative and making the best of things.