Thursday, June 18, 2020

Protea


Today as I was showing a visiting friend around the garden I noticed that my protea "Limelight" has a flower almost ready to open. I took a couple of photos straight away,

in case this flower, which is looking so good at the moment,

meets the same fate as the flower that never fully developed last year.

(I was going to post the picture from that post here, but Blogger won't let me. So if you want to know what happened to last year's flower, you will have to click that link.)

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice flower--I've never seen one of these--so I will be waiting for it to bloom--maroon and lime green--nice combo..hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Photos are good, but it looks so pretty in real life.

jacaranda said...

The protea looks like fairy floss. They are beautiful flowers of many varieties.

Dianne said...

Stunning flower and colours, I love the delicate feathery edges. Hope it blooms fully!

Pamela said...

I’ve never seen this type of flower. It’s pretty.