Friday, June 19, 2020

Lal Lal Sights


On the second day of my friend's visit, we took a tour of the highlights of Lal Lal.

We went to the falls, where there was actually water flowing, but I didn't photograph it. I was trying to photograph a bird of prey which was flying over the gorge.  This is the only photo that actually had the bird in it (I got a lot of blue sky), and there is no way I could identify it:

If you haven't seen any of my previous pictures of the Lal Lal Falls, a few of them are linked in this post.

We took a walk around the falls area, and saw a mob of kangaroos.



Then we visited the blast furnace, which you can see at my earlier visit last month.

We drove past a couple of old buildings built from bricks made of the local clay, the old bluestone station building, and the Falls Hotel which is still closed because of the virus. I forgot to point out the water tower. And I can't find photos of any of these on my blog so I obviously need to get out and take some.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh so nice that you got out; the only spot I've visited is the grocery
store :000--was able to do my shopping this morning without the dizziness bothering me...so feeling better...
Hugs from Foggy home base, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Thank you for the very interesting tour and the wonderful weather. Such an interesting area, the falls and gorge are beautiful.
Pretty sure it is a Black-shouldered Kite. I saw that it was mainly grey. It was perching at the top of a dead tree before it took off, just like they do and the flight profile is the same as the one in my bird book.

jacaranda said...

Looks like it was a lovely time together.

Pamela said...

How interesting to see kangaroos! I always like to see real live nature.