Monday, May 18, 2020

Grocery Lucky-Dip

Since it became available, we've been using the pick-up service to collect groceries from Woolworths. In general, the service works well. You order and pay online, then select a pick-up time slot. They send a message when your order is ready, and you let them know when you arrive. They bring the bagged groceries out, you load them into your car, and off you go.

However, we have had a few strange things happen. One week there was a random bag with 2 boxes of frozen crumbed fish fillets that we didn't order. We found it when unpacking at home. No point doing a 50km round trip to take that bag back, as they would have thrown the fish out anyway as it had thawed out.

Another time we ordered and paid for 2 bags of onions, but received 2 individual onions. Nice onions, but a bit expensive at that rate!

Today I picked up our latest order, and when unpacking was surprised by this:
Definitely not on the order! I'll be happy to eat it, as I love Cherry Ripes. I don't know that they really needed to be made into a chocolate block, but obviously someone at Cadbury thought it was a good idea. But how did Woolworths come to add it to our order?


9 comments:

Cheryll said...

Perhaps as a THANK YOU for your order... :)
Well that's what I would think... ;)
xox

Jeanette said...

I have seen the delivery orders being picked at my (small) local supermarket. It takes two staff members and they try really hard to find what is on the list. I am not surprised there are surprises. Cherry Ripe is much better than limp fish.

Wendy said...

Maybe it was to make up for the onions! ;)
Cheers!

jacaranda said...

Oh yum.... I received a block of that same chocolate for Mother’s Day, I had a craving for Cherry Ripes while pregnant.

Maria said...

Wonder what you'll get in the next order ??

Julierose said...

I just did my usual every 2-week grocery run--masked, and gloved--
PHEW--only one cashier, and only from 6:30 to 7:30 for Seniors.

It is just so weird in there; shelves very low on everything and sometimes just empty...I was able to get ground beef but that is all they had...["Mdm La Zonga" sees a lot of meatloaf in your future hahaha]
Anyway, came home, sanitized everything, washed clothes, took shower and now I am totally beat!! Makes me so anxious....;000

I think the Cadbury chocs were a little present from the grocery fairy;)))
Stay safe--our State is opening tomorrow--but we are not!!
~ ~ ~ waving from another world away Julierose

hetty said...

Did you order cherries? The first ones have just arrived in our stores this week. I've never heard of Cherry Ripes by Cadbury. I don't think we have that here. It sounds fantastic. Better than fish sticks!

Pamela said...

I haven’t seen Cherry Ripes before, but they sound good. We don’t have the pick-up option, and I don’t have a car to pick-up the food anyway. I try to shop quickly and get out of the store as fast as I can.

Sue SA said...

That chocolate looks delicious! Did you get charged for the fish and chocolate? And did they reimburse you for the onions? I have been braving the supermarket but go early in the morning, now its cold I find its fairly empty and much quicker. Mind you the street is definitely busier, people have had enough of being home!