Saturday, July 1, 2017

Icy Start

It's five or six weeks since my bethel sage started flowering, but this morning may have put an end to it:
Minus three degrees.

Pretty geranium leaf:
If you are reading this, Jenni, that's the red-flowered one you gave me.

I know from last year that all these leaves on the blue and the white salvias will turn brown and drop off after a morning like this:
But I also know the plants will come back in spring.

I can only hope that the TreeProject seedlings will all survive it!


3 comments:

Jeanette said...

The frost on the leaf looks very pretty, hopefully it was not too severe and the foliage will survive.

jacaranda said...

I have more if you want some and other colours....looked at a couple of my Salvia's tonight and they have been burnt by the frost.

Sue SA said...

It was a ripper frost at our place too, still very white at 10 am! Kicking myself I didnt take photos, because yours look so good, but stayed in the warm!.