Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Planter - Planted

Remember this planter?


It was a mark-down bargain at the Bunnings near my old house. When I bought it in November 2014, I imagined it in place at the new house sometime in the future.

Well, today's the day!
It now holds my four Lewisia cotyledon "Little Fairies" plants (also Bunnings mark-downs), some divided pieces of an aloe vera that was bursting out of its pot, and a larger succulent that looks a little sad at the moment because it has been out of its pot since an accident last week. There's also a few bits of a trailing plant that should eventually hang over the edges.


After I filled the planter with potting mix I realised I should have made sure I was happy with its position first! I can hardly lift it empty, so I won't be moving it any time soon.
Luckily it doesn't look too bad beside the birdbath.

No comments: