Thursday, April 16, 2015

AQC Day 1

Our lovely tutor, Debby Brown (in the pink top), and our room full of Sweet 16s.

A small piece of Debby's own work, to either inspire or intimidate us! It looked fantastic, but she pointed out that there were irregularities. You just don't notice them when you look at the whole piece. Let's hope the same thing applies on our own work! The thread Debby used for this is one she designed for Wonderfil, which will be released later this year. I can't remember its name, now. Something-lux, I think.

After a full day, I was so tired I couldn't remember what letter my name starts with (which was important for a giveaway Debby had for one of her patterns). Here's what I achieved before my brain stopped working:
Still a bit of space to be filled, but I was pretty happy with what I got done. I can finish it off on my own machine later. The white lines of chalk dots are guidelines which will come off, and then the stitching lines should be a little more distinct.  

No comments: