Saturday, October 6, 2012

Red And White

Quilts In The Barn this year is inspired by the Infinite Variety exhibition of red and white quilts in New York last year.
This quilt is called "Infinite Variety Revisited". Linda Collins designed it, based on a quilt in the New York exhibition, and had the pattern available for sale today.

The barn was full of quilts old:
and new:

Every corner was filled with quilts
The quilt in the background appeared to be from the 1920s or 30s; those in the foreground are a lot more recent.

This is a block from one quilt I was fascinated by:
The block is apparently in Ruby McKim's "101 Patchwork Patterns". I have a copy of the book, but I don't remember ever seeing this block before. I'll have to dig it out and have a closer look.

3 comments:

kaiteM said...

Red and white is so strong. Hah ha - maybe they were predicting the AFL finish!

Leonie said...

Oh I do believe that I'm drooling.

Terry said...

Nice photos of the Red and whites. I checked the book and found the block. Not easy but effective.