Saturday, September 19, 2026

Repeats

 I'm still working on my half-square triangles, but they don't make interesting blog posts.

I have about 100 to go.
 
I'm not going anywhere much at present because of the cost of petrol. It almost feels like lockdowns did; staying home and only going out for grocery shopping when necessary. It is the one down-side of living in the country. Nothing is within walking distance, and there is no public transport.
  
Last night was a bit warmer, and I put out my moth light again. I was very happy to find this one just as I was about to pack it away again: 
 
It's a shame I didn't put anything beside it for scale. It is a Helena Gum Moth, and it is about 150mm, or 6", across. I don't see them often so am always happy when I do.
 
The blossom in the orchard still delights me every morning when I let the chooks out: 


 Anyway, that's life here. Lots to enjoy, but not much variety in the blog posts!

No comments: