Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Time Flies

 Where have I been since my last post nearly 2 months ago?

 I did some quilting:

Hanging outside on a grey day once I had finished:
I handed it on to someone else to do the binding, and I think the recipient was happy when it was presented:

The colours in that photo are a bit closer to real life.

I've been doing some garden maintenance with the help of this little cart:

Found dumped beside a country road. With a new set of wheels, it has become my favourite garden helper. It is very light-weight and easier to use than a wheelbarrow. (Two crimson rosellas checking out the prunings and weeds.)

My sister bought me a rose from a nursery not far from here. They didn't do deliveries but I was happy to go and collect it:


I was "volunteered" to run a charity quilting day in late May. 

A couple of quilt tops were finished on the day:

I've assembled a couple more since then:


I have enough of the blocks to put together at least two more.

At the beginning of June the tree dahlia was looking good:

It kept looking better and better, as more flowers opened, and I kept thinking, "I should take a photo of that". Then a couple of days ago we had a very windy day and several of the stems snapped off close to the ground, so I missed my chance.

In better garden news, I have taken over the small greenhouse. I moved some of the more delicate plants into it yesterday, just in time as the temperature outside dropped to below freezing this morning.

Some new additions in the far corner:
Three new vireyas.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely finished quilts!! You have a plant named for you--;))) how wonderful...
Busy days here too with Summer coming in the 21st....
hugs, Julierose

Pamela said...

I love seeing your quilts and your garden. The birds are so bright!

Maria said...

Great to see you post and I enjoyed seeing all those lovely bright quilts and your beautiful garden.
Those rosella’s are gorgeous.

Mary said...

You’ve kept busy even though you weren’t blogging. Those birds are beautiful. Lovely quilts too.

Jeanette said...

What a happy and busy couple of months, although I have missed your more regular posts.
Congratulations on the very successful quilt day, so many tops made that will eventually brighten peoples lives.
The greenhouse is a great acquisition, and looks good not being totally crowded. I am sure you will be popping in and out frequently to admire your new and well protected vireyas.

Vivian said...

Oooh, that gift quilt is so pretty! Of course the recipient loved it! You have been busy, busy, busy with life (especially with organizing a sew day) so the blog just had to wait it's turn.

I like that cart -- a lucky garden tool find for sure! What better way to stock a new greenhouse than with your namesake plant!!