Friday, November 4, 2022

New Projects

In a couple of weeks I will be doing a workshop on "improvisational piecing". The requirements list called for a number of solid colour fabrics, about 6 of one colour and 2 or 3 of a contrast. I popped into Spotlight a couple of days ago, and found that their plain-dyed homespun fabrics were 30% off. Hooray! Here are my purchases, washed but not ironed yet:

The colours aren't accurate in the photo. In reality the "blue" ones are shades of aqua/teal. My contrasts are coral shades.

Of course I have since received a mailing from Spotlight to say that the homespun fabrics are now 40% off until Sunday. Oh well, I was happy with the 30% discount, and I will stay happy with it!

 

Another new project - parts on my design board at the moment:

It is a Pickle Dish Variation Quilt designed by Red Pepper Quilts. I'm intending to make enough blocks for a donation quilt or two. This is not a final layout, just blocks pinned up so I can get the feel of them and see what colours work and don't. And it is good practice at sewing curves.
 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

I like the blue/teals with those corals...nice combo.
That pickle dish variation looks complicated--but a pretty block...
hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

Again, you have a nice sewing plan. Marie

Jan said...

I haven't tried improvisational quilting yet but have been looking at some videos on it - looks like fun! love the pickle dish. Enjoy the workshop

Ivani said...

Your solids combo is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what you will made with them. You will make gosgeous quilt with Picke dish variation blocks.Your sewing curves look pretty good.

Cheryll said...

Good luck with your "improv" session...your colours are fabulous...xox

Jeanette said...

I look forward to reading about your improv piecing workshop. I did one on improv text while in NZ and it was very liberating. No pattern and cutting with scissors!

frommycraftroom said...

Your sample blocks look fabulous.

Interested to see how your improv quilt goes - sounds like a great way to use up bits and pieces.

Pamela said...

I’ve not heard of pickle dish before. I’ll have to look it up. Curves seem very difficult. I look forward to seeing your improve piecing. I love the colors (aqua/teal and coral).

jacaranda said...

A great block, look forward to seeing what you do in the workshop.

Vivian said...

Ooh, an improv class, something I've long wanted to do. Will you starch the Homespuns to keep them from raveling? I remember that version of Pickle Dish. Looks like a fun one, is it going to be all from scraps?

Diane-crewe said...

Lovely colours x There is always another bargain around the corner x