Sunday, November 13, 2022

At the Show

The Ballarat Agricultural Show has been on this weekend. I popped in for a visit on the last afternoon.

I checked out all the animals I could find:


Had a look at the floral show. I liked this "Seaside Garden":

Although the maker told me later that she was the only entry in that category, so she didn't think winning 1st prize was a huge achievement.

There were some fantastic decorated cakes:

And I had a good look at all the handcrafts. 

This was the section that interested me most:

Some prize-winners in the "commercially quilted" section above, and below the non-commercially quilted and the "modern" entries:

You may recognise my Greenhouse wall-hanging, which I made during a lockdown last year and is about the only thing I have made for myself since the last show in 2019. I was placed 2nd in the "no commercial quilting" category, but I also won the "best machine quilting" prize, which is a $15 voucher for a local quilt shop. 

The quilt to the left of mine was made by the person who is teaching the "Improv Piecing" workshop that I will be doing next weekend, Suzanne Lyle. I am really looking forward to learning some of her techniques.


9 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations on winning the prizes at the show.

Julierose said...

Oh nice win, Vireya--I haven't been to a quilt Show in ages. Sounds like you had a great day hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Coming second to Suzanne is quite an achievement, congratulations, the quilt looks great and I am sure it was popular with the visitors to the Show.
Alpacas for your block?

Ivani said...

Woo-Hoo!!! I am so glad to know you win 2nd and best quilting prizes. Congratulations!!!!

Diane-crewe said...

Well done x It looks like it was a fun visit x

Marie Králová said...

I send my congratulations too. A very nice and varied exhibition.

Marie

frommycraftroom said...

Congratulations on your prize. Well deserved I'm sure.

Pamela said...

It looks like a county fair in the US. Congratulations on your Greenhouse win!

Vivian said...

Woo hoo, congrats on the win! I wish I had shows like this in my area. Viewing cute animals and gorgeous quilts are a great outing!!