Sunday, August 14, 2022

Life Goes On

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments on my last post.

Last Sunday we went on a orchid hunt, and for the first time in my life I saw helmet orchids in flower:

Two different species of helmet orchid.

They are teeny-tiny things, but fortunately we had a guide who know where to look for them.

Lunch among the trees:

It was a fantastic day out.

On Tuesday on my way to work I stopped to photograph these swans who have newly-hatched babies:

A couple of times in recent months I have thought I've seen a swan on this dam as I was driving past. But a lot of the water is hidden by an embankment and long grass, so I could never be sure. 

 On Thursday some heavy-duty machinery showed up:

to make a large delivery:

It was cold and rainy so I didn't stay out to watch how they managed it.

Yesterday I attended the quilt guild AGM and found myself with a new job for the next 12 months. It was good to see people again after a long absence. When I got home we tried to take the dogs for a walk, but we didn't get very far before we had to turn around and run home:

That's hail.
So I had to do most of my daily step count on the treadmill instead!





9 comments:

Julierose said...

Life does move on, doesn't it? My Mom has been gone 7 years last June and it is hard for me to believe so many years have passed....I guess you just put one foot in front of the other.
Nice that your quilt guild is meeting again and that you have a new position. Keeping busy is good...
Hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

How cool the helmet orchid have never seen one. The lunch among the trees sounds great. So glad you could go for the guild meeting, and have a new job. 😊 owo, yes beautiful swams family. Have a great week, Vireya.

Jeanette said...

Cool orchids. You are so fortunate to have the opportunity to have guided explorations of your locality with good company. Looks like you are keeping your head up and seeing lots of wonderful things.
Hope you continue to find all that is wonderful in your surroundings.

Pamela said...

The orchid hunt looks very interesting! It must be cool there, judging by how everyone is dressed. Quite the opposite of the heat wave we have here. The swan babies are so cute!

Wendy said...

Good Luck with your new position at the Guild.
I am in the "Once Bitten - Never again" category :)

Maria said...

It does roll on and looks like some interesting things have been happening.
Finding the Helmet Orchid , see the Swans and babes as well as meeting up at the Guild and having a new position. Enjoy!

ButterZ said...

I’m so glad you took some time out to do something that you enjoy. Gardens & plants. Well done.
That hail was terrible.
I’ll be in the ranges next week. Hope the weather improves.

Needled Mom said...

You must be getting excited about the longer and warmer days ahead. Orchid hunting sounds like fun.

jacaranda said...

What a wonderful find, the little orchid. Thrilled that you are out and about enjoying the company of others.