Monday, August 29, 2022

Flowers for the Service

 This morning I cut some daffodils and leucadendrons from our garden and put them in the car,

It seemed like a lot at the time, but I probably should have cut more. Then I collected some proteas and banksias that I'd ordered from a florist (forgot to photograph that stage). I had wanted waratahs, which were my mother's favourite flowers, but it is a bit early in the year for them.

Then I took them all to the church and put them in vases:

Probably should have trimmed those banksias down a bit more than I did. Their stems were very difficult to cut through though.

I think the vases looked better in real life than they do in the photos, but I can't be sure. And probably most of the people who attended this afternoon's memorial service for my mother didn't even notice the flowers.

The church also provided an arrangement:

Which I got to bring home with me.

As for how the service went? I guess it went OK. There were tears and hugs and not enough voices to carry the hymns and too much food left over at the end. And I'm glad it is over.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Your flower vases are very pretty. Take care of yourself after a difficult day. My thoughts are with you.

Maria said...

Beautiful flowers for Mums service…
Take care . Hugs …

Marie Králová said...

You chose beautiful flowers to honor your mother's memory.
I think about you.
Marie

Julierose said...

Lovely flowers in your Mom's memory;)) Happy for you that it is over....
Take care, rest a lot now, and take time to come to terms with this major event in your life...hugs and prayers, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Beautiful flowers, another act of loving kindness for your mother.

Needled Mom said...

The flowers are just lovely. I’m sure your mum would have loved them.

ButterZ said...

You did well with the flowers. It is always a hard day.
I’m glad you got your photo after you touching walk together.

Diane-crewe said...

I am sure that the flowers were noticed x They look lovely x