Saturday, July 30, 2022

Purple Sprouts

Here are the purple Scrappy Sprouts blocks I have made this month:

They don't have stems yet as I haven't yet decided how this quilt will be assembled. How to do the stems is part of that decision.


I wandered round the garden to see if there was any purple to be found in the depths of winter, and the answer is "not much".

Hebe flower:

And the backs of the new leaves on a different hebe:

A few lavender flowers:

And then I remembered the most purple plants of all, the fringe flowers (Loropetalum):

Next month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour is orange, so it will be interesting to see what I find in the garden then.


I will link this post to the So Scrappy ScrapHappySaturday post when it is available. Here's the link-up.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

I have flowers on my Loropetulum that match the new leaves. The other one is much more pink. Lovely brightness when the weather is dull.

Ivani said...

Your Purple sprouts blocks are beautiful as are the purple flowers on your garden, Vireya.

jacaranda said...

Lovely shades of purple in both your blocks and garden.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love your sprouts! It's a good idea to wait to decide what your stem is going to be. Some of mine I made green, some I used the color of the month. My sprouts quilt will definitely be unique! Happy stitching!

Pamela said...

Such pretty sprouts. Your bookmark is also coming along nicely.

Maria said...

Lovely purple sprouts and there's some beautiful purple in your garden.

Needled Mom said...

The purples are so pretty. I love those sprout blocks.