Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June Progress

This month has been a bit of a write-off for me, sewing-wise. I nominated quilting my Mum's old quilt as my project to make some progress on for WOOFA. I did make a little bit of progress, but it is a difficult job. I've had a lot of thread breaks, which makes progress very stop/start.

I'm really regretting taking on this job! But I will keep plodding along with it and maybe by this time in July it will be finished.

I gave myself a little break one day and tried out this scrappy heart block that Ivani posted instructions for here: How to make the Heart Block

Ivani has been making them for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I have long admired them. So it was fun to try one out one day when I just needed to sew something. I can see myself making more of these from my scraps.

 

Much of my month has been taken up with legal matters, cleaning out my father's house, and preparing for his memorial service on Friday. 

 

I did attend a couple of sit and sew sessions where I took along components of my Birdhouse quilt to hand applique:


There is still a long way to go, but it has been nice to spend a little bit of time sitting and stitching quietly.


If I am not too late, I will link this post to Cheryll's WOOFA link-up for this month.

5 comments:

jacaranda said...

Vireya, you can’t do everything, sometimes things have to be put on hold for a while. The sewing is something you can always come back to.

Ivani said...

Dear Vireya, your heart block is just a beauty. ♥
Sometimes we need to slow down, take care of yourself and I am sure everything will be allright. Hugs

ButterZ said...

Sewing can wait until you are ready. It will always be there. Other things need to be dealt with first. Sorry to hear about your dad..

Cheryll said...

Well at least YOU worked on your project...
mine didn't even get looked at...:(

Vivian said...

Oh the challenge of trying to occupy your self when stuff is going on but then to also not push yourself too hard because stuff is going on! It'll all get done, take it when you need it and put it down when you need a break!