Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Garden in April

A few parts of the garden are undergoing a renovation process at the moment. Things have been dug up, relocated, trimmed, pruned, and generally disrupted. Hopefully it all means that next year the garden will be flourishing!


Fortunately there are still flowers to be found.

Variegated ajuga 

Tulbaghia

Dahlia

Lavender

Graffiti geranium (really a pelargonium)

Treasure flowers (gazanias)

Baby sage

Echeveria "Topsy turvy"

Pink gaura

A pink salvia that I don't remember from previous years?

Abutilon

Viburnum tinus

Cosmos

Nerines

Zinnia

Fuchsia

Red hot pokers

Thryptomene

Correa

Hakea "Burrendong beauty"

Lion's ear, Leonotis leonurus

Melaleuca nesophila

Dietes

White Japanese windflowers

And pink ones.

I've skipped a few because this post is too long already. But I had to include this one:

Jonquils!
The first spring flowers, long before autumn is finished. In the background, the leaves of my redbud are turning yellow, but haven't started falling yet. I've had jonquils open in May before, when living in the city,  but here they usually start in June or July.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

All so beautiful--I can't pick a favorite one;)))
That Ajuga looks like our "lamb's Ears" ; ours blossom white...
Looks like we're in for another cold snap--happy I didn't put any tender herbs out yet...I usually wait until May 31st here by the sea...as until the ocean warms up a bit the winds really stay chilly...
Hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

Beautiful flowers. But I don't know many of them at all. You have a garden for pleasure.
Marie

Jeanette said...

All so pretty. The Windflowers look stunning. Must move mine so they get more sun. A garden is never "done".

Needled Mom said...

Indeed....a lovely array of flowers still.

Ivani said...

OMG Your garden is full os beautiful flowers, Vireya. Looks like a paradise.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful April blooms, wonderful colours.

Pamela said...

You have the prettiest garden ever! I’m always interested in seeing your flowers.

Sue SA said...

The garden renovations sounds exciting! Your flowers are stunning. I am nurturing my red hot pokers, I had one bloom, so fingers crossed for stunning display next season. Your post reminds me how much I love windflowers and Cosmos and must plant some!