Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Progress

 I can't believe we are a week in to April already. How did that happen? 


I missed showing the progress on these steps:

They have been like this for a few days. There's still more to do, but they will definitely make it easier to get through this part of the garden once the wet weather starts. The bluestone pitchers are these ones.


When I came home from work yesterday, one of the "temporary" kitchen lights had been replaced. 

Then today a second
and then a third were installed:
I bought these pendant lights a couple of months ago, and it is lovely to have them out of their boxes and hanging from the ceiling now. The cardboard ones from Ikea did the job (for 5.5 years) but I think these ones look a lot better.


I've been working on my WOOFA unfinished project for April, Trail Mix:

So far I have only stitched in the ditch between the blocks, but it is progress.


Late today a couple of ducks joined the menagerie:

The two on the left are the new ones. They are like clones of each other, so we will never tell them apart. They teamed up with the old ducks to form a flock quite quickly. None of the "pecking order" conflict you see with chooks.


As I was waiting for the ducks to get close enough to photograph, I noticed some little eyes looking at me from the crabapple tree:

It is a tiny Ewing's tree frog!


7 comments:

Julierose said...

You have such interesting "fauna" in your garden area!!
I like your new pendant lighting...very stylish...
hugs, Julierose

hetty said...

Your WOOFA project looks terrific. I love your new kitchen lighting. Very modern. The garden looks great too. That little tree frog is adorable. Interesting wildlife in your garden.

Pamela said...

Great post! You have some of everything. Trail Mix is fabulous!

Jeanette said...

What progress! Steps are excellent - so level, lights are dripping down like toffee and the trail mix is one of my favourites of your quilts. As for the ducks and frog, both delightful.

Dianne said...

I had never thought about pecking order with birds other than chooks ( and we have had some major issues introducing new chooks over the years!); interesting that the ducks have no issues! Love the little frog peeking out of the apples, so cute!

Ivani said...

Hi Vireya, great you are having fun quilting another beauty. The new kitchen lights look pretty and very modern. Are those ducks wild? I don't like frogs but the crabapples are beautiful. Do you make jam with them?

jacaranda said...

Your steps will be a great addition to the garden. Cheeky look on the frog. Still waiting for our new chickens, your new ducks are very stately looking.