Friday, September 13, 2019

Wonky Stars

I really should be doing other things, but today I made these:
Made purely of small scraps, using a tutorial by Bonnie Hunter, which she published on her site as a pdf back in 2013. I have it saved on my computer, but I see that it is no longer on Bonnie's site. She must have taken it down when she published the Wonky Wishes pattern, which uses blocks made of 4 of these stars. But she still has the instructions for a similar block, Maverick Stars, available here.

They were easy to make, given that no fancy triangle sewing is involved. All these pieces came out of my scrap basket, so won't count towards my fabric usage for the year. Now that I have made 4 I need to decide if I will make enough to become a donation quilt. I've pinned them up to have a think about it.

5 comments:

Marie Králová said...

Vireya, it will be a beautiful blanket. Marie

Sue SA said...

They will make a fun scrap quilt, as your scraps are bright! Would make a nice leaders and enders project if you are so inclined.

jacaranda said...

A great way to use up small scraps, lovely colours.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya lovely happy blocks,hope you have a good day my friend xx

Jeanette said...

I think you need a lot of these stars, they are so cheery.