Thursday, July 11, 2019

Progress

Yesterday I finished assembling my cut-down "Sew Many Strips" quilt, but I didn't get the chance to photograph it until this afternoon. I dashed out between the wind and rain squalls and managed to get this shot:

Today was a sewing day with a few friends. I took along my Bloom with a couple of border fabric options, and we spread them out to see how they looked. Once I'd seen the options it was obvious what I needed to do, so I hope to have the borders on that quilt very soon.

The heading for my temperature quilt, which I started over a month ago, is just missing one "Lal" after today's sewing:
Hard to see the details in this poor lighting, but I think it will be more readable on the actual quilt.

11 comments:

jacaranda said...

I like the red inner sashing.

Turid said...

What a beautiful quilt. I also like the red inner sashing.

Julierose said...

What a lovely quilt with those strips, Vireya--I really like it a lot..
I am cutting a "ga-zillion" little 1.5" squares of both solids and prints (PHEW) thankfully I have a die...or I'd DIE hahaha These are for a postage stamp piece like Wanda's at "Exuberant Color" blog--
Hugs from "muy caliente" CT Julierose

Jeanette said...

I had to go back to the link in your original post about this quilt to check on the border. I knew those nine patches in the corners were your spin on the pattern. Very clever, they work so well with the pattern corners. A great border!

Maria said...

Looks fantastic and can't wait to see your BlooMs....

Pamela said...

This is fabululous! I love rhe blues and greens and the red strip really sets it off.

Sue SA said...

You did well to get the photo the weather has been so unpredictable! Nice to get the rain but could do with out the wind.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya beautiful quilt my friend,well done xx

Needled Mom said...

That is so pretty. The red border really sets it off.

Cheryll said...

WoW... that's stunning... xox

Jeann of Melton said...

Sew many strips is a lovely and interesting arrangement.