Saturday, July 20, 2013

Scatterday - Z

Z! Another letter we have been dreading. And look at the obscure categories we had to try and fill:
Notorious
Edible
Family
ZZZZZZ

Notorious:
The Zimmermann Telegram. Details at Wikipedia here. Governments eavesdropping on private communications? Surely that wouldn't happen these days.

Edible:
Picture from Google Street View - an Arabic grocery in my suburb, which is the best place around here to buy zaatar "pizza". Zaatar is a Middle-Eastern herb mixture which includes oregano, thyme, sesame seeds, and sumac (everyone's recipe differs). Cooked on flat-bread in the pizza oven, it is very yummy.

Family
This flower once belonged to a genus called Zygocactus, although now it is in Schlumbergera. OK, so a genus is not a family, but it should be obvious round about now that this week was quite a challenge.

ZZZZZ
No words required!

Phew! I'm glad Z is out of the way. As usual, you can check out everyone's Scatterday posts via Cinzia's blog.

5 comments:

mitchez2013 said...

Gripping post , Vireya! All the cloak and dagger of the telegram had me enthralled....hanging out the washing can wait! I have the same plant and it excelled itself recently, a colourful relief in the middle of winter. BUT the fabric!!! Superb! Can you tell me where you bought it please?? Sorry about the difficulty with my scheduling...I found I had to do more editing.

Wendy said...

Snap on the Za'atar! I know where that place is too! - actually I had my first Za'atar there (on the house!)
Cheers!!

Birdydownunder said...

wow just too brilliant for words.

jacaranda said...

I haven't had Za'tar, must try it. Love the telegram, very clever post Vireya, can't wait for your U's.

cinzia said...

Zimmerman telegram was very interesting . I do enjoy all of the trivia coming up in these posts.
Your zzzz fabric is to die for