Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Brighten Up

Today I picked up the last blocks to finish off the council quilt, then sewed them all up.

When I hung the quilt on the line to photograph, the shadows of my fruit trees didn't help:

So I had the bright idea to turn it around and photograph it with the sun behind it, but there wasn't quite enough room to get far enough back from it to show the whole thing.  At least the colours show up better this way:
Now it just needs binding, which I hope to get done on the weekend.

While I was sewing, I could look out of my window and see this:
Isn't it beautiful? It's a cymbidium orchid - according to the label, it's Peter Pan X Snow Eagle 'Malcolm'.  One flower spike is open, and another is getting ready to bloom. It was waiting for me with the blocks today, to thank me for my help with the quilt. Wow! Thank you, Paula, for this unexpected gift which brightened up my day.

1 comment:

Chiara Z said...

I'm so glad you got a bright thank you for all your work on this quilt!