Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hexies for the Link-Up

Afternoon tea with some quilting friends, and I attached the last pieces to my version of Geta Grama's Flower Ball as we talked and "tea-ed":

So here it is:
There are still a few little seams to do here and there before I start joining the larger chunks together. Once I start it will become much harder to carry the project around with me. The chunks all fit in an A4 plastic box, but joined together they won't. I don't want to take the card pieces out just yet, so will have to think about how to transport the whole thing.

I'll be linking this post to Sarah's "HELP for Hexie-aholics" link-up once she puts it up.
Added later: Here's the link-up! Check out the other projects from around the world.

7 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

It's beautiful! Is it flat or is that just a visual illusion? Love it!

Cherry said...

Lovely, just lovely!! The colors and your fabric choices are perfect.

mac said...

Brilliant.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful, the illusion is brilliant. Also love your white birthday hyacinth.

Maria said...

Wonderful...such a lot of work has gone into this project of yours, Vireya!

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I'm sure you're friends were thrilled to watch you accomplish the last pieces.

Joy V said...

Fanastic Vireya - it looks stunning.