Friday, December 16, 2022

The Garden in December

Summer has arrived, and so has my replacement computer! Since I bought it late last month, it has travelled around the country. It came pretty close to here a week ago, but somehow kept on going, all the way to Adelaide. Then it had to go back to Melbourne and try again. But it is finally here, and so much better than the temporary one I have been using. 

It is nice to be able to see the colours in my photos again, just in time for my round-up of what is in flower this first month of summer.

Hebe covered in flowers:


A lamium in one of my hanging baskets:

I've put this in a couple of the baskets this year. They are flowering OK but not looking like "hanging" yet. I also have pansies in several baskets, and didn't get a decent photo of them this time. 

Citrus (either lemon or orange):

The lamb's ears are going mad:

Also visible a daylily and some Jerusalem sage. The green shrub in the background is a buddlia that has buds but no flowers yet.

How about this rose?

It is the champion at the moment.

Some flowers in my "garden bed" bed: 

Leucospermum:

Calothamnus:


Yellow buttons, Chrysocephalum apiculatum:

 

Hippeastrum getting closer:

Will it open for Christmas?

Hydrangea:

The hydrangeas are in self-watering pots, rather than in the ground. 

Cistus looking like it needs an iron:

Penstemon:

Bonus butterfly, an Australian Painted Lady:

Chincherinchee:

 

You will notice the photos get a bit darker now. I took the ones above in the morning, and the rest in the afternoon, by which time some clouds had arrived.

Echium reaching for the sky:


Maybe it's an abutilon, maybe it's a callianthe, I can't keep up with plants being moved into new classifications:

Foxgloves:

 

Escallonia:

 

Philadelphus:

Nigella:

Sage (can't find its name right at the moment):

Yellow trumpets:
Kniphofia:

And I think that will do. I missed the sweetpeas, all the pelargoniums, nepeta, tulbaghia, and probably more. 

Congratulations if you made it to the end!

5 comments:

Julierose said...

What a wonderful variety of beautiful blooms you have in your garden!! Things are pretty gray here--although, I love the trees' skeletons across the skies--very Asian looking...calming.
Today was food shopping before that last minute Holiday rush is upon us...
I hope your Christmas is a healthy and a happy one...hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Glorious! Well worth the wait for summer.
Nigella is one of my favourites. It seems to know exactly where to self seed. Perfect common name too of Love in a Mist.

Marie Králová said...

It's raining and snowing here. I love looking at your beautiful flowers.

Marie

Maria said...

Really enjoy seeing all your beautiful blooms as this time I have a hard time to keep anything alive.

Pamela said...

Beautiful flowers in your garden!