Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Feeling Overwhelmed

I can't believe October is here already. Our quilt show is the first weekend in November, and I don't have anything ready.

Bloom is taking me way longer to quilt than I expected. Being sick for a week didn't help. I still have to baste my temperature quilt, then quilt it. Then bind everything of course. Plus I will be away for a week later this month. How can I get things done?

Today one of my nieces sent me a message that she wants to make a quilt for her parents for Christmas, so would I be able to teach her? I had to reply that I really don't have time for that in the next few weeks.


Stash report for September

Thread:
One (1,000m!) spool emptied, none added.
Year to date - down 11 spools.

Dress fabric:
None used, 2m added.
Year to date - down 2.25m.

Quilt fabric:
none used, none added
Year to date - up 0.5m.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I’ll bet you felt awful turning your niece down. We need more hours in our days.

Maria said...

It's surprising how we do get everything done in time for our shows,just take a day at a time.

Pamela said...

Can you work on the binding while you are away? (assuming you have time to quilt before the trip). I hate deadlines.

jacaranda said...

As you may be driving, some binding could be stitched on the go. Let me know if I can help you.

Jeanette said...

I am certain you have made more progress on Bloom by now and all will be done in plenty of time. Remember that the binding has more than four corners.