Thursday, August 23, 2018

New Project

Not that I should be starting a new project, but this one just sort of happened:
The colours look pretty weird because of the lighting where I took the photo. I'll have to try again in daylight.

These are blocks from Amanda Herring's Friendship Quilt Along. It actually began in June, but I only started making the blocks this week. There are two more weeks to run in the quilt-along, but I have made the blocks for 6 of the weeks in the last few days. I started with the pieced blocks, but now I'm moving on to the appliquéd ones. I'm using Vliesofix and then machining with a zig-zag, because it is a quick project for a gift. I'm using stash fabrics, in roughly the colours of Amanda's original, which can be seen in this screen grab from the Fat Quarter Shop:

I hope it all hangs together! It is a bit of a gamble doing something like this from stash rather than using a coordinated range of fabrics.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I much prefer quilts made using fabrics from all over the place. Looking good so far.

Julierose said...

It is looking lovely, Vireya. I've only gotten a very few kits and immediately separated the fabrics into my stash and then made the pattern choosing from all my stash...I feel that it makes it more "my own". I think this will be perfect. hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

Very nice, especially the colours. I have a kit to make up for a raffle, finding it hard as I haven't done quilting for so long.

hetty said...

Fantastic so far, Vireya! Any time is a good time to start a new quilt. Love your fabrics.