Thursday, August 20, 2026

Things to be Happy About

Yesterday I was talking to someone about the state of the world, and how all the news seems depressing. They suggested I should look for things to be happy about to counter all the doom and gloom. So here is my first effort at that.

 There are lots of flowers and buds on my "Limelight" protea:



And the leucadendrons are covered in flowers:

 

This is one of about 4 bushes of various sizes in the garden. They don't seem to attract birds or insects, but they look colourful. 

4 comments:

Pamela said...

You have the most amazing flowers and plants.

Lyn Warner said...

Your leucadendrons look look beautiful! They were one of my favourites at the Kirstenbosch gardens in Cape Town.

Vireya said...

Thanks, Lyn. This is the South African corner of my garden.

Vivian said...

Oooh, these are sooo exotic and yes, just the kind of thing we need to see to bring some joy these days! I'm surprised that the Leucadendrons don't attract pollinators, this is usually the kind of "open" flower they love. Nature sure does have mysterious ways sometimes.