Sunday, June 23, 2013

Alterations

More unusual sewing. This time it is taking in a dog coat for a dog who is losing weight in his old age. I made this coat for him about 14 years ago, but he has lost a lot of weight since he last wore it.
I took this much off yesterday, but it wasn't enough and today I had to take off another 2cm or so on each side.

Rather than move the velcro fastening, I added an extra piece so that the edges just overlap more:
Fortunately the second lot of alterations were enough, and the coat now fits him. Just as well because it is going to be cold again tonight.

Meanwhile, the fencing contractors still haven't returned to work from their lunch break on Friday, so there is still no fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment