Sunday, May 30, 2010

Waverley

Took train trips to and from Mt Waverley for the Waverley Patchworkers' Exhibition.


There were lots of lovely quilts on display, and I managed to get some appliqué done in the train. Here's a small detail shot of one quilt that fascinated me. The full quilt contains over 2,400 pieces, and is double-sided. The design is created from half-hexagons, and is known as Inner City.

I'm now trying to work out the trick to putting it together. Do you just have to pin the whole thing up on a design wall, so that you can get everything where it needs to be? Or do you make the individual t-shaped "buildings", then have to do y-seams to assemble the whole thing?

1 comment:

  1. I wondered that myself then decided it would be easiest to make the hexagons and join those as one would a hexagon rosette!

    ReplyDelete