Before I moved here I knew nothing about native orchids, but there are several species that grow on our property. Right at the moment two species are flowering.
This is a Tall Greenhood, and it is right beside the driveway:
Several flowers open and a few buds to come at the top. These pop up in various places over the property, but this particular one is in a spot where I have never seen it before.The other orchid in flower is the Nodding Greenhood:
Each plant has just one flower. They grow in many places on the block, singly or in small groups like this.Something that doesn't bring much joy:
My car being loaded onto a tow truck at 9:30 at night in the rain. Hopefully it will be repairable, but I won't know until next week some time.
How cool to have orchids on your property. Even better is having orchids and being able to identify them.
ReplyDeleteCar problems are very stressful. I don’t have a car or a drivers license where I live now, but it the US, I had to drive to work everyday. I don’t miss driving. I hope yours can be repaired quickly.
Oh I bet those Orchids will be so pretty when they flower. Lovely to have them grow wild and great that they cluster since there's only one flower per stem. Yes, car problems are no fun at all so hope they resolved easily and not too expensively.
ReplyDelete