Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mini Quilt Show

Today one of the quilt groups I attend, Quilters of the Big Room, held a quilt show at our venue Vivienne's Retreat, as a charity fundraiser.

Vivienne hung many of her own quilts outside around the grounds. 
Isn't that Japanese maple fantastic!

The grape leaves match the broderie perse roses on the quilt perfectly.

No quilts in this shot, but I love the front verandah:
 In all the times I've been here, this is the first time I have walked around the grounds.

The rest of us spread our quilts around inside:
My En Provence on the far bed, and Berry Delicious in the foreground.

5 comments:

Sue SA said...

Looks like a great weekend retreat in the bush. Love all the quilts draped and hung, hope you had a good turn up.

Ivani said...

Love how the quilts were displayed outside. Quilts and nature ♥♥. Have fun during the retreat quilt show.

Jeanette said...

A perfect day in a beautiful location. So now you are on the lookout for two old iron wheels for another garden seat.

Jeann of Melton said...

Oh dear! I was so busy concentrating on your Berry Delicious I forgot about En Provence. After following your quilting of BD on your blog I was thrilled to see it in real life. Superb quilting.It was a lovely exhibition and I enjoyed my visit. It was beautiful outside in the sun.

Jo said...

Great quilt display